Popular Posts

Saturday 19 March 2016

Mini project of the week 2 - PJs to daytime T-shirt

I have had these pyjamas for about 6 years. I don't usually keep PJs for this long (I do have some standards), but I absolutely LOVE these ones.

Whats this?!
I have a real thing for the Nightmare Before Christmas, Jack Skellington rocks. Plus, these pyjamas were a present from Hubby, so I didn't like to get rid of them. However, I think the time has come. They have stretched, they are becoming bobbly and the print is flaking. Boo hoo hoo!

Waaaaaaah!
Sob.
I can't bring myself to just get rid of them though. It goes against the grain. So, I took my seam ripper to the appliqued Jack on the T-shirt and removed him. I got loads of black glitter on my hands at this point, so I figure the PJs must have been sparkly when I got them, but it's so long ago that the sparkle has been lost in the mists of time.

Well hello Jack!

Then I pinned this to a nice, fitted black T-shirt  I had in my wardrobe and stitched it down.

Hey presto!
Perfectly acceptable (and very cool) day wear. Took about half an hour. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment